Eight Inc.’s Singapore studio is looking for a Junior Designer to work within our growing interdisciplinary studio to create radical, innovative experiences.
A Junior Designer is contributes to not only the visual direction behind our creative work, but should also help shape the strategic thinking and rationale that underpins it. A high-energy level, entrepreneurial spirit with desire to creating impactful work of the highest quality.
Eight Inc. prides itself in hiring ‘T–Shaped’ people, meaning that while you will have a specialism (Interaction design) at which you excel, your role will also include being asked to think and work across all design disciplines to assist in the production of physical and digital experiences.
The person must be able to work with direction from more senior creative personnel within the studio, with strong listening skills and the ability to interact with a variety of stages of the creative process, from ideation, to production, and implementation.
- Design for a variety of commercial clients with a particular strength in interactive design (UI and basic UX) and appreciation for Motion.
- Responsible for accomplishing and maintaining the quality of design throughout all phases of the project.
- Participate in brand brainstorming sessions and mocking up design ideas for client presentations
- Define and develop creative concepts according to brief requirements and the client’s objectives
- Identify/create “extras” that bring a proposal or presentation to life that can help tell a story in a powerful way
- Be the champion and voice of the user at all times
- Design obsessive, aware of best practice in industry but driven to advance our understanding of its potential
- Experience within a digitally minded creative agency
- Be flexible in design and able to take direction, feedback and observations with a positive attitude
- Be able to work and liaise across all departments to produce the best response to creative briefs
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Basic understanding of latest hardware/software technologies
- Prototyping ability and an understanding of related software is advantageous
- 1+ years professional experience
To be considered, send your CV, portfolio links, references and any supporting materials (no more than 8mb) to us via email.