Mid-Senior Designer, Environments
Eight Inc. is looking for a Mid-Senior Designer of Environments to work in our New York office on a full time basis. This person will be responsible for working directly with Principals and Studio Directors, developing project designs across our global offices. Designers will coordinate the work of project teams and consultants, and interface with regulatory agencies as required. In addition, a Senior Designer must be able to evaluate both standard and innovative solutions to design issues, confirm code compliance, and make recommendations to the Studio Director and Principals. This person will be responsible for managing design presentations, preparing implementation documents, and gauging the progress of the project schedule.
- Design for a variety for clients requiring a broad range of experience
- Collaborate with studio directors and fellow designers to take a project from initial idea to final output
- Define and develop Schematic creative concepts according to creative brief requirements and the client’s objectives
- Participate in Design Development and prepare concepts for client presentations
- Prepare fully coordinated Construction Document sets with Junior Designers
- Be flexible in design and able to take direction, feedback and observations with a positive attitude
- Be able to work and liaise across all departments to produce the best response to creative briefs
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Report to and review work with the Principal and Studio Director
- A degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, 3D Design or similar field.
- 5-8 years of experience in any of the above fields.
- Creative individual with strong design skills, able to express ideas in a variety of media including hand sketches, 3D modeling, renderings and collages.
- Design obsessive, aware of best practice in industry; driven to advance our understanding of its potential.
- Good understanding of a range of experience design related issues including brand positioning, customer profiling, customer experience journeys and retail and exhibition design principles.
- Ability to think and design strategically and conceptually.
- Familiar and confident in the production and management of Design Development and / or Design Intent drawing packages and specification of materials and finishes.
- Be able to take direction, feedback and observations with a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively present ideas (both verbally and visually)
- Exposure with multidisciplinary design projects desired but not essential.
- Proficiency in 2D CAD package required; AutoCAD preferred.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling and rendering software; Rhino and C4D preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS suite of programs desired.Proficiency in iOS software (Keynote, Pages) desired but not essential.
To be considered, send your CV, portfolio links, references and any supporting materials (no more than 8mb) to us via email.