8 San Francisco is looking for a special someone.
Someone who can shape and grow ‘Program’ across North America, based out of our San Francisco office.
Someone who is endlessly optimistic about the extraordinary potential of design to move humanity forward.
Someone who thrives working on complex, transformational, brand-defining projects, and with the multi-disciplinary teams required to deliver them. As adept at working across digital worlds as they are physical environments.
Someone unafraid of ambiguity who embraces the unknown, recognizing that the process to create radical outcomes is rarely clear or linear.
Someone with a ‘can do’, nurturing spirit, ready and able to wear many hats through a period of projected high growth for our organization.
And someone who embraces the different perspectives an inter-disciplinary process requires while discerning between the time for discussion and action.
Program Director, San Francisco
A Program Director at 8 is responsible for helping to build a dynamic and smooth running office, with effectively and sustainably engaged teams (with a target +80% utilization).As a client facing practitioner, they must nurture multiple long-term (+1 year),profitable (+20% margin) client relationships.
Our business success comes from cross-office, cross-discipline collaboration. They will leverage this globality and diversity, and work collaboratively across our studio network to help deliver category-defining work.
Our strength comes from each individual’s ability to both teach and learn from each other, our clients and our partners. A Director at Eight Inc. will embrace and encourage this type of behavior.
This role requires an experienced and professional individual who will be exceptional at interrogating client briefs to ensure the right questions are being asked of our teams, while also drafting comprehensive scopes of works that most effectively deliver value for the client, and manage any associated risk for all parties.
Expectations for the year…
- Take at least one client relationship beyond 12 months.
- Own a particular area of expertise for others across
the network to tap into.
- Run a successful client relationship that simultaneously spans more than one workstream and more than two creative disciplines.
- Take leading role in ensuring work is delivered on time and on a budget, with at minimum 80% resource utilization and a 20% profit margin.
- Be part of at least one successful pitch team
- Develops overall Program Management approach, working with creative lead(s) and project team to realize the project plan; providing ultimate accountable for the overall quality of scoped deliverables.
- Ensures people know what they’re doing against a given plan/timeframe
- Helps set up meetings (internal and external)
- Ensuring agendas, itineraries and meeting notes are prepared and distributed in a professional manner.
- Co-ordinating the production of documents, stimulus or research for meetings or workshops
- Helps to lead new business opportunities and pitches
- Initiates and writes compelling proposals and scope of works
- Coordinates client contracts in conjunction with North America finance teams and Studio Principal/s.
- Works with the North America Finance team to manage project finances including budgets, planning, resourcing and invoicing
- Sets up NDA’s and contracts for freelancers
- Coordinates weekly billable reports to principals in conjunction with North America Finance team
- Helps ensure the day-to-day smooth running of the SF office particularly with some of the in-house operational and internal team needs.
- Responsible for the growth of Program team, with primary SF focus but also supporting growth across North America.
- Running a team of up to 8 direct reports at any one time, conducting reviews and monthly (minimum) mentoring.
- Builds relationships with teams in other Eight Inc. offices, actively working together on financial projections, resourcing, and planning.
- Supports in the coordination of recruitment of temporary contractors in conjunction with local HR/Operations
To be considered, send your CV, portfolio links, references and any supporting materials (no more than 8mb) to us via email.