Eight Inc.’s San Francisco studio is looking for a Senior Designer to work within our growing interdisciplinary studio to create radical, innovative experiences. You will be working closely with the Principal and Design Director for environments and the wider team on the conception, design and development of highly experiential 3D environments.
Eight Inc. prides itself in hiring ‘T–Shaped’ people, meaning that while you will have a specialism (Architecture and / or Interior design) at which you excel, your role will also include being asked to think and work across all design disciplines to assist in the production of physical and digital experiences.
The person must be able to work with direction from more senior creative personnel within the studio, with strong listening skills and the ability to interact with a variety of stages of the creative process, from ideation, to production, and implementation.
- Define and develop creative concepts for 3D environments such as retail, hospitality, service or leisure
spaces in line with creative brief requirements and to meet the client’s objectives.
- Prepare creative concepts for client presentations in the form of hand
- Sketches, 3D models, 2D drawings, illustrations and / or diagrams.
- Take ownership of quality of creative content.
- Support Design Director in production of written presentations and proposals as required.
- Material and reference imagery research and preparation of mood boards.
- Preparation and management of design intent and design development drawing packages in the form of 2D CAD drawings; including design intent detailing and material specification.
- Present ideas to the Design Director and Principal.
- Present ideas to client teams as required.
- Liaise with design consultants and external project management teams as
- Manage and supervise junior and mid-weight members of the team.
- Liaise across all departments and disciplines to produce the best response to
- Liaise with other designers in our global studios as and when required.
- Report into and review work with both Studio Directors and Principals.
- A degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, 3D Design or similar field.
- 5-8 years of experience in any of the above fields.
- Creative individual with strong design skills, able to express ideas in a variety
of media including hand sketches, 3D modeling, renderings and collages.
- Design obsessive, aware of best practice in industry; driven to advance our
understanding of its potential.
- Good understanding of a range of experience design related issues including brand positioning,
customer profiling, customer experience journeys and retail and exhibition design principles.
- Ability to think and design strategically and conceptually.
- Familiar and confident in the production and management of Design
- Development and / or Design Intent drawing packages and specification of
materials and finishes.
- Be able to take direction, feedback and observations with a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively present ideas (both verbally and visually)
- Exposure with multidisciplinary design projects desired but not essential.
- Proficiency in 2D CAD package required; AutoCAD preferred.
To be considered, send your CV, portfolio links, references and any supporting materials (no more than 8mb) to us via email.