Eight Inc.’s London studio is looking for a Mid/Senior-Level Designer to work within our growing interdisciplinary studio to create radical, innovative experiences. The Designer is a hands-on role, and is responsible for not only the visual direction behind our creative work, but should also contribute to the strategic thinking and rationale that underpins it. As our projects tend to be lengthy and multifaceted, the Designer will often be asked to lead the creative for particular parts of a workstream. This requires that they have the basic skills necessary to manage both themselves and their projects – leading others and delivering compelling work from beginning to end throughout the process.
- Design for a variety of commercial clients with a particular strength in interactive design (UI and basic UX) and appreciation for Motion.
- Responsible for accomplishing and maintaining the quality of design throughout all phases of the project.
- Participate in brand brainstorming sessions and mocking up design ideas for client presentations
- Define and develop creative concepts according to brief requirements and the client’s objectives
- Identify/create “extras” that bring a proposal or presentation to life that can help tell a story in a powerful way.
- Be the champion and voice of the user at all times
- A proven problem-solver and believer in the value of an inter-disciplinary design approach
- Must be assertive (have a strong opinion and articulate that)
- Design obsessive, aware of best practice in industry but driven to advance our understanding of its potential
- Digital/Physical experience a huge plus, such as digital touch tables
- Good understanding of digital product development process
- Extensive experience within a digitally minded creative agency
- Must have the ability to effectively present ideas
- Experience mentoring and managing people/teams
- Responsive to unexpected change and ability to quickly adapt to new parameters
- A clear grasp of the larger project goal and your role in it
- An eye on the end user and how they ultimately engage with the studio’s creative output
- Basic understanding of latest hardware/software technologies
- Prototyping ability and an understanding of related software is advantageous 6+ years professional experience
To be considered, send your CV, portfolio links, references and any supporting materials (no more than 8mb) to us via email.