Mid-Senior Designer, Environments
Eight Inc.’s London studio is looking for a Mid-weight Designer to work within our growing interdisciplinary studio to create radical, innovative experiences. You will be working as part of our Environments team with other Junior and Mid-weight and Senior Designers on the conception, design and development of highly experiential 3D environments.
Eight Inc. prides itself in hiring ‘T–Shaped’ people, meaning that while you will have a specialism (Architecture and/or Interior design) at which you excel, your role will also include being asked to think and work across all design disciplines to assist in the production of physical and digital experiences.
The person must be able to work with direction from more senior creative personnel within the studio, with strong listening skills and the ability to interact with a variety of stages of the creative process, from ideation, to production, and implementation.
- Support Senior Designers and Design Directors in the definition and development of creative concepts for 3D environments such as retail, hospitality, service or leisure spaces in line with creative brief requirements and to meet our client’s objectives.
- Prepare creative concepts for client presentations in the form of hand sketches, 3D models, 2D drawings, illustrations and / or diagrams.
- Material and reference imagery research and preparation of mood boards.
- Preparation of design intent and design development drawing packages in the form of
- 2D CAD drawings; including design intent detailing and material specification.
- Present your ideas to other members of the wider design team.
- Liaise with design consultants and external project management teams as required.
- Give guidance to and nurture more junior members of the team.
- Report into and review work with both Studio Directors and Principal.
- A degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, 3D Design or similar field.
3-5 years of experience in any of the above fields.
- Creative individual with strong design skills, able to express ideas in a variety of media including hand sketches, 3D modeling, renderings and collages.
- Design obsessive, aware of best practice in industry; driven to advance our understanding of its potential.
- Ability to think and design conceptually.
- Experience in the production of Design Development and / or Design Intent drawing packages and specification of materials and finishes.
- Be able to take direction, feedback and observations with a positive attitude.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in 2D CAD package required; AutoCAD preferred.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling and rendering software; Rhino and C4D preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS suite of programs desired.
- Proficiency in iOS software (Keynote, Pages) desired but not essential.
To be considered, send your CV, portfolio links, references and any supporting materials (no more than 8mb) to us via email.