Regional Growth Director, New York
A Regional Growth Director is a role within the commercial side of our organization, responsible for driving company growth through business development efforts to open new client opportunities.
Our business success will come from making sure Eight Inc. awareness is built across key industries and leveraging our regional and global offices and our cross discipline talent to always bring the best of Eight Inc. to every opportunity through collaborative work.
The ideal candidate can be based in New York or San Francisco.
The Regional Growth Director serves a strategic role in planning and driving Eight Inc. business across the region, pre-qualifying and nurturing new relationships, identifying and driving outbound opportunities, defining client engagement and localized marketing strategies, establishing a roster of affinity partners, alongside executing plans and monitoring performance.
The Director will deliver exceptional client service and utilize their outstanding interpersonal skills while navigating a fast-paced environment. With a diverse professional background they will be comfortable working in, and communicating the value proposition of a design business with a broad product and service offering. An experienced, networked business development professional, their self-starter approach and positive attitude will allow them to thrive in a small growing business that helps global clients solve large scale, often ambiguous problems.
- In conjunction with the Global and Regional Marketing & Communications Director, continue to develop 8’s brand awareness strategy for target markets.
- Create compelling introductory presentations using industry knowledge, market trends, and case studies to communicate our value proposition.
- Work with the Marketing Director and Principal’s to ensure optimal case studies are developed to be used in marketing efforts for the region.
Strategic Business Development…
- Create a strategic business development plan for target markets in collaboration with local Principals, by focusing on strategic markets to identify potential client and project targets.
- Manage the Regional business development pipeline and lead weekly reviews with the team.
- Lead our engagement with potential clients and prospects.
- Manage and build a network of partner organizations and individuals for both co-pitching and project fulfillment.
- Work closely with Principals to identify existing client relationships that can be farmed, and assist in the growth of those relationships.
- Proactively build new business contacts through networking and attending industry events and conferences.
- Provide business reviews and strategic recommendations to the executive team about progress and challenges.
- Proactively manage event and sponsorship participation, identifying outreach opportunities, then attending and managing meeting schedules.
- Manage and coordinate the proposal and pitch process, respond directly to incoming RFPs or RFI’s and support in the writing and design of proposals.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline with target clients.
- Work closely with the team to ensure clients are transitioned successfully once the business has been won.
- Prepare and give business reviews and strategic recommendations to the Regional Principals and the
- Executive team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with keen attention to detail.
- Energy and passion.
- An intuitive, insightful reader of people, and interested in what makes them tick.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask, handling several clients at one time.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and interact with all levels.
- Ability to handle difficult client situations with finesse and tact.
- A gifted, mature business development practitioner.
- Ability to work well under pressure, often under critical deadlines
- A self-starter with a high degree of initiative requiring minimal supervision.
- An Eight Inc. ambassador, both internal and external facing, embodying our values and leading by example.
- A team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An invaluable and integral part of the overall success of their local studio, with an ability to interact with all levels of our organization globally.
- 10+ years professional experience (depending on level)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar field.
- Experience in design, marketing or similar field in the area of sales, marketing or business management.
To be considered, send your CV, portfolio links, references and any supporting materials (no more than 8mb) to us via email.