Senior Service Designer, New York
Eight Inc.’s New York studio is looking for a Mid to Senior Level Designer to work within our growing interdisciplinary studio to create radical, innovative experiences. As a new role within Eight Inc., the Service Designer is responsible
for establishing and formalizing all aspects of the service design process
as a function within Eight Inc..
A successful candidate’s core strength lies in their ability to ‘see’ and envision human-centred experiences that connect the dots between people, products, services, communications and environment, and they will be passionate about nurturing this mindset and skill in others.
They will be expected to engage clients in how our service design thinking
and solutions can help them to be successful in a competitive, fast-paced world.
And will be able to confidently present and help clients sell these solutions through the organization.
- Lead and develop people-centric, end-to-end service experiences that result in measurable improvements to our clients’ key business metrics
- Create design briefs based on project proposals and client feedback and KPIs
- Supports in all aspects of the service design process to help frame problems, define insights, create compelling visions, and develop service concepts and prototypes, including:
— User Research
— Co-creation and workshop facilitation
— Experience mapping
— Business Design
- Be opinionated and keen to discuss the design being done within
and outside Eight Inc.
- Contributes to and supports with the writing of proposals
- Contributes to thought leadership to support our experience
- Embraces and harnesses new technologies
- Has an understanding of how user research should be integrated
into a project and a good understanding of all the other skill sets
and expertise within Eight Inc.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Work with the Programme team and Project Managers/Directors to engage
the most appropriate skill sets on each project
- Work with and engage the support of the Finance department in budgeting, monitoring the financial health of the project, and ensuring monthly set revenue targets are met
- Contribute to and participate in post-project reviews
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Analyze and respond to client briefs in a timely manner
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout
the project lifecycle
- Issue regular status reports and troubleshoot problem areas
- Seek out, identify and respond to new business opportunities
- Identify, analyze and resolve risk
- Communicate and define project roles, responsibilities and expectations to member at the start and for the duration of each project
- Break down business, user, and technology requirements into digestible components for the design team
- Instill project teams with the confidence and discipline to explore innovative design solutions while respecting client deadlines
- Manage and maintain team motivation and morale, offering emotional and logistical support
- Engage with freelancers and staff from other Eight Inc. offices enlisted to support the project team, as and when required
- Manage different teams in parallel
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Collaborative approach and nature
- Strong knowledge and experience of service design methodologies
- Proven experience of iterative prototyping
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- A strong work ethic and a passion for drawing out and driving creativity and innovation
- Proven understanding of business systems and processes
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure often under critical deadlines
To be considered, send your CV, portfolio links, references and any supporting materials (no more than 8mb) to us via email.